Clash Royale Chests
What are Chests?
Chests are how you obtain cards in Clash Royale. You can find new cards, or use duplicate cards to upgrade the cards you already own. In total there are 7 types of chest: Wooden Chest, Silver Chest, Golden Chest, Crown Chest, Giant Chest, Magical Chest, and Super Magical Chest. As well as cards, chests also contain gold and the crown chest contains gems. Wooden Chests are obtained free every 4 hours, and unlocked in the tutorial. Silver, Golden, Giant, Magical and Super Magical can all be won in battles, or you can buy Giant, Magical and Super Magical Chests in the shop for gems. Crown Chests are available once every 24 hours, and are unlocked by winning 10 crowns in battles.
What are the types of Chest?
|Wooden Chests are free every 4 hours with a max capacity of 2.
|Silver, Golden, Giant, Magical and Super Magical Chests can all be won in a battle. Store a maximum of 4 chests in total.
|Giant, Magical and Super Magical Chests can be bought with gems from the store.
|The Crown Chest is available once every 24 hours, and is unlocked after winning 10 crowns from battles.
How long to Chests take to unlock?
- The free wooden chest is instantly unlocked once it becomes available.
- Chests that you win take more time to unlock.
- Silver Chests take 3 hours.
- Golden Chests take 8 hours.
- Giant Chests take 12 hours.
- Magical Chests take 12 hours.
- Super Magical Chests take 24 hours.
- Chests you buy from the shop are unlocked immediately.
- The Crown Chest is unlocked immediately, once you have won 10 crowns from battles.
- Alternatively, you can open chests instantly if you spend gems. The longer the time left to open, the more gems it will cost.
What do I get in each Chest?
Each chest is subject to random selection of cards and coins, but you are guaranteed certain cards and coins according to the chest type and the arena you are in. The arena order is: Goblin Stadium, Bone Pit, Barbarian Bowl, P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse, Spell Valley, Builder's Workshop, Royale Arena, and Legendary Arena. As you progress through the arenas the chests get better.